Yesterday was my (apparently) 18 week check up - I thought I wasn't nearly that far along...well okay two weeks earlier...either way. All was well - Shianne got to help the doctor find the heartbeat - she thought it was really cool! She said "mommy's baby in her tummy has a loud heartbeat!" The doctor thought it was adorable that she understood so well that I was carrying her new baby brother or sister. Amazing. Its funny how with the second one, the differences in the pregnancies are so vast. You think you "know" what to expect - but you truly don't. Shi's was relatively an easy pregnancy...aside from the heartburn and being scared about everything. With this one, I'm sorta...laid back about it. Weird....odd. Oh well - I compared being pregnant this time around to being stoned (horrible reference I'm sure!) but this one makes me oddly calm in times when I would normally be riled. I tend to just let things go more easily...again...odd.
Next month we find out the sex of the baby - get to see all the googly pictures...Lar will be there - which he couldn't for Shi, so this should be really cool for him. He is excited but nervous - he just wants the babe to be healthy and happy...I want a boy. We are at odds on this right now.
Who knows...we'll see in three weeks what we are having then.....the REAL fun begins!
No comments:
Post a Comment